Background

Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 9 June 2010

kumihimo


A big thank you to Maureen who commented on Jane's site on Monday about kumihimo. I had not heard of this, so looked it up on the web. Thought i would like a go, so looked and found the things needed for sale. No English sites and what a price for some thing's i only would use a few times. Went away and thought about it and came up with what you see. Yes a bit of cardboard and the use of a protractor.Found a site that gave a tutorial. well I'm pleased with the result just needed to go shopping tomorrow for the findings. I can see some tatting being added at some point when i get the hang of it.

3 comments:

  1. Good for you! I never would have figured out how to make the kumihimo disk myself, so I ordered the foam one a couple of years ago. Kumihimo is very easy and very relaxing. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job figuring it out! I've never heard of it but your little gizmo looks interesting. I guess I'll have to look it up, too. Have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete